Saturday, April 30, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letters Y and Z)

  A to Z is in its final day. It's been a blast. Thanks so much to our hosts:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
I'm combining "Y" and "Z" for my How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day I've featured YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

You have until Sunday at noon to make any additional entries. Then I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate and announce winners on Monday.

 
Now for Y and Z 

I expected to be desperate for "Z" books, but "Y" surprised me. The only one I've read is:

The Year of Secret Assignments (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2) Not what I expected from the blurb, but Australian YA always seems to surprise me in pleasant ways. (worth two entries)

This one was YA Dytopian before YA Dystopian was cool. Originally published in 1975, it was re-released in 1987 and 2007. I found it through my library to use for my "Z" day. I will give five entries to anyone who might have read this one. (worth five entries)  

To enter, comment on which ones you've read. Feel free to go back to old posts and comment on any you missed or finished recently. 

And thanks, everyone, for participating. This has been so much fun! In fact, I think I'll do my monthly contests this way, using whatever audiobooks I finished that month.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these novels. I especially want to read Moriarty's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer, i haven't read either of these books. YEAR OF SECRET ASSIGNMENTS sounds interesting though...

    also, have you read YOU by Charles Benoit? great book, and really I only checked it out cuz your awesome agent chattered about it so much on the twitter. Maybe she should moonlight as Benoit's spokesperson :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read either of those ones. I've missed a ton of your posts (having a computer in Repair Land is not a lot of fun!) so I think I'll pop backwards a bit and see what you've read :)

    ReplyDelete