Monday, April 4, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You read/heard Contest (Letter C)

  The A-Z Blogging Challenge is over 1000 strong now (that's abso-alphabetically amazing). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird , Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.

  For those who maybe didn't visit yesterday, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
 
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for   C

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) Hunters and Vampires and Magic, Oh my. (worth one entry)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Historical Hunters and Vampires and Magic, Oh my. (worth one entry)

Carter Finally Gets It Good YA boy fiction...and we need more of it. (worth two entries)

Claim to Fame Ex child star hears everything anyone says about her. Not necessarily a realistic premise but an intriguing one. (worth two entries)

Chicks with Sticks: It's a Purl Thing Unlikely friendships form in a knitting club...don't knock it until you've read/knitted it. (worth two entries)

A Company of Swans Historical. Love Eva Ibbotson's stuff, esp her YA. (worth two entries)

The Carrie Diaries Sex in the City before the city. Don't worry, moms, this one's PG-13 rated. (worth two entries)

The City of Ember (Books of Ember, #1) YA/MG Dystopian. Loved this one. (worth one entry)

Remember, to enter comment on which books you've read.
 
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

17 comments:

  1. So far I've been lucky. I've read City of Bones. Phew. I'm sure a day will come where I will not have read any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome competition and idea for A to Z Challenge. Don't enter me for the competition though - postal rates to the UK are getting too high.

    Just wanted to pop by and say hello!

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I've only read one on your C list: CITY OF BONES :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of the novels on your list, but thanks for the great suggestions. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books. How is that even possible. Several of them are on my tbr list. But some of them I've never even heard of. I have read lots of other good books that start with C, does that count for anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I've read City of Bones. Really good book. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-z-blogging-challenge_04.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED City of Bones and Clockwork Angel so much I want to live in Cassandra Clare's head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate- Sorry I didn't hit any of your C books. I only have what's available on audiobook, so that does limit things and forces me to dig into older books too.

    Still, feel free to mention ones you've read as the alphabet moves along. If I've listened to them then I'll count them as an entry (that goes for everyone).

    Also, for CITY OF BONES fans...try CLOCKWORK ANGEL. I liked it even better (but I do love historical).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellie- feel free to play along even if you're international (that also goes for everyone).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read City of Bones and plan to pick up the Carrie Diaries - huge S&C fan.

    I love, love, love your contest - have I told you that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison- So glad you're enjoying this (So am I:) And be sure to add your comment about Carrie Diaries if you end up reading it in April!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of them although City of Bones is on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  13. City of Bones is also on my list. I did pick up The Carrie Diaries the other day and thumbed through it...but...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read Clockwork Angel and City of Ember.
    Both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the copy of Clockwork Angel and City of Bones

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I read City of Ember and Clockwork and Bones are on my TBR

    ReplyDelete