Monday, April 11, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter I)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.

"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.



Now, for  


Another dying teen book (you'd think it was my favorite genre instead of a pet peeve of mine). And, of course, I loved it. (worth one entry)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) Love this girl's spy school series. (worth one entry)


Impossible Contemporary Fantasy based on the song Scarborough Fair. The audiobook had snippets of the song in it. I'm not usually a fan of music/sound effects in my audiobooks or even multi-voice performances (just read the book, please), but this time it added a haunting atmosphere to the book. (worth two entries)

Identical A two-voice piece, incredibly written and intense. The subject matter is not for the faint of heart, but it's incredibly handled. (worth two entries)
Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) Where reading a book alloud can bring parts of that book into our world, and part of our world goes to theirs. Talk about an incredible booklover's premise. (worth one entry)
Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) A living prison, missing royalty, and a world stuck in time. Great fodder for Fantasy. (worth one entry)


To enter, comment on which books you've read.
 
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

"I" is a light day, and the next two are even lighter. Be sure to check out the last post (H), which has nine books, including Harry Potter.

16 comments:

  1. Okay, here we go. I've read I'd tell I love you, Incarceron, and Inkheart. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read INCARCERON and IF I STAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drat, I haven't gotten to those yet, but they're on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read If I Stay and Impossible. Loved both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More books I've not only not read, but never heard of. Dying teen books? Sounds depressing, but I guess I might have been interested in that theme when I was a teen.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the Alley Carter books. I met her at conference. She was sweet.

    I'm a fellow A-Z challenger and new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. erica - I haven't read any of them, but 2 are on my TBR pile!

    christy - If I Stay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Identical - best Ellen Hopkins book EVER

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments and for stopping by.
    appreciate the feedback!
    Kathy @ Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool idea! I've only read Inkheart out of this list - Incarceron is on my Wishlist though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read If I Stay.

    Started but didn't finish Incarceron and Inkheart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read If I Stay. I loved all chapters about Mia's Family

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just realized I forgot to comment on this post. I've read If I Stay, The Galliger Girls one, and Inkheart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read Inkheart and Incarceron

    ReplyDelete