Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday and A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter W)

For anyone visiting from A-Z, my W post follows. But first, This week's YA Highway Road Trip topic: 

If your WIP(s) or favorite book(s) were a song, which song would they be?

This was fun. Some are more literal than others, but if my books/WIPs were songs:
    
Frog Kisses and Fairytale Misses -First Cut is the Deepest- Sheryl Crow (first love lost)

One Hundred To-Dos - I Do- Colbie Caillat (the busy cynic who finds love)

Social Disorder- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You- James Taylor (perfectly unexpected love) 

Cheater Beaters- Before He Cheats- Carrie Underwood (revenge)

Earthbound (WIP)- Imagine- John Lennon (striving for a perfect world)

  Now, for A to Z, which is in its final days. Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

 
Now for W  

Whale Talk My first and favorite Chris Crutcher. (worth two entries)

Wintergirls The voice in this book is AMAZING. I kneel before the brilliance of Laurie Halse Anderson. (worth one entry)

What I Saw And How I Lied Post WW II Historical. Captures the timeless desire to grow up too soon. (worth two entries)

Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) Faeries, Shakespeare and NYC...a great combination. (worth two entries)

Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1) Historical faeries. Loved it! (worth two entries)

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) Girl who enters others' dreams, whether she wants to or not. (worth one entry)

Witch Child (Witch Child, #1) Historical. Love Celia Rees. (worth one entry)

When You Reach Me More MG than YA but it works for any aged reader, but esp if you love A WRINKLE IN TIME (the next "W" book). (worth one entry)

A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) A classic must-read. (worth one entry)

Watership Down Another classic must-read. (worth one entry)

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) Great series. Strong close third multiple POV writing. (worth one entry)

What My Mother Doesn't Know One of the only stories in verse I've read. Well done. (worth two entries)

Well, "W" is the last big day. There's slim pickings on X, Y and Z.

To enter, comment on which ones you've read.
 
 And feel free to add a comment later if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

14 comments:

  1. I've read WINTERGIRLS, WHAT I SAW AND HOW I LIED, and WAKE...

    not on your list but really should be (in my opinion anyway) WILL GRAYSON WILL GRAYSON and WHERE SHE WENT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I've been doing horribly for the last couple of letters. I finally get to redeam myself on W. I have read Whale Talk, Wintergirls, What I Saw and How I Lied, Wonderous Strange, Wake, When You Reach Me, and Wrincle In Time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Carrie Underwood song! And I've finally read another book you mention - Wrinkle in Time FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karla- Will Grayson is in my TBR pile, so I'll give you an extra entry for that. WHERE SHE WENT isn't available on audio for me yet (not at my library, anyway), and it's a sequel, which I haven't been using those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "Before He Cheats." I told my husband that I'd act like that (but probably worse) if he ever cheated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every song you listed! Except the Colbie Caillat one, but that's just because I haven't heard it. Rectifying that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Wintergirls, Wicked Lovely, Watership Down, A Wrinkle in Time and When You Reach Me.

    Great song choices for your stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read Wicked Lovely, Wrinkle in Time, and Wintergirls, When it Happens, and Waiting for You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek! None. Though as per usual, many are on my list.

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love ALL of your song choices, especially the ones by James Taylor and Carrie Underwood. I think we might have similar musical taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I actually know all of the songs for your WIPs! That's awesome - most of the ones I've seen for this RTW, I have no idea what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read Watership Down, Wake, and Wrinkle in Time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just finished Wicked Lovely and really enjoyed it - great visuals in that book!

    I agree Wrinkle in Time is a must read book :)

    ReplyDelete