Saturday, April 2, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You read/heard Contest (Letter B)


  The A-Z Blogging Challenge is over 1000 strong now (that's abso-alphabetically amazing). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird , Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.

  For those who maybe didn't visit yesterday, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate. 

Now, Letter B

The Book Thief The Book Thief is an amazing book. I'll give anyone who's read this two entries, not that it's old or obscure, but because it's a book everyone should read. (worth two entries)

Before I Fall A popular/newer choice, but it lives up to all the hype. (worth one entry)

Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack, #1) This girl pirate story is LOL funny at times, and I do not use that acronym lightly. (worth two entries)

Boy Meets Boy A book about a boy who happens to be gay instead of a book about him being gay...what a refreshing twist and story world. (worth two entries)

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) And for you supernatural fans out there. A guy protag where the girl has the supernatural powers, and the book has some extra quirky characters too. (worth one entry)

Beastly Another fairytale retelling. I'm not a big Beauty and the Beast fan...as an older coworker once said, It teaches girls to settle. Still, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. And yes, I'll probably see the movie too. (worth one entry)

Before I Die Another dying teenager book. Despite the fact that death happens far more in fiction (percentage wise) than in the real lives of teens, I loved this book. (worth two entries)

Did I hit more popular ones today? I hope so. To enter, comment on which books you've read.  
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

27 comments:

  1. The best I can do is a non-fiction book called Bloodlands. Not exactly YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I bought 'The Book Thief' for my hubby, otherwise once again I've not heard of the others. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Book Thief. Wonderful book. I've also read Before I Fall and Boy Meets Boy and I think I have Bloody Jack in pile of books that I got when my friend was cleaning out her book stash.
    Good choices today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read to of those listed - The Book Thief (loved it!) and Beautiful Creatures (liked it pretty much). Great list for B!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have The Book Thief, but, *hanging head in shame* I haven't read it. It seems to be a theme with me lately.....

    I also want to read Beastly and Beautiful Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel out of touch; I have not read any of these. But I like David Levithan's writing. Maybe I need to start listening to audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Before i Fall. I couldn't get into the Book Thief but I know I need to go back and give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura- That is a benefit of audiobooks...I'm more likely to make it through books that are slow starters for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Before I Fall - that's it. Beastly and The Book Thief are on the TBR list.

    PS - great idea for the A-Z challenge! I'm DEFINITELY stopping by each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list of books! Right now I read all debut books and post reviews on my blog. ;)

    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read The Book Theif. :( You have several on your list that I want to read. :)

    Cool topic for a-z!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am interested in reading a couple of these books just from your description. Guess I had better get busy. Enjoyed your blog and will be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, honestly Before I Fall is one of my favorite YA books. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you chose it. Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not read any of these books but a few are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read three from your list: BEFORE I FALL, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, and BEFORE I DIE...

    I can't seem to recall all that many YA "B" books that I've read recently...hmm...can't wait to peruse your "C" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Journey to the Center of the Earth and Time Machine are great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not read any of those. Will watch the Beastly movie though because my teen-aged girl is dying to see it.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  18. The only book I've read on this list is BEAUTIFUL CREATURES. I did enjoy it, though I felt it was a little long (could have done with a bit more editing) and the main character whose eyes we see the story through was perhaps a bit... weak?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, I've not read any of those. Mostly had my head in nonfiction books for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Half of these are on my TBR list (and yet to be purchased). *sigh* I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many on my TBR list, but I've only actually read the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES so far. I have also read BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS, its sequel. :)

    Happy A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read THE BOOK THIEF, BEFORE I FALL, BOY MEETS BOY, and BEFORE I DIE, plus a lot of other books that start with B that you didn't list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wasn't a fan of The Book Thief. It felt like required reading for 10th grade English. I haven't finished Boy Meets Boy, but am enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  24. No, haven't read these, though Beastly is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just got my copy of The Book Thief and Before I fall last weeks. I am currently reading Before I Fall

    ReplyDelete