Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter P)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for   P  


Prom I read this Laurie Halse Anderson before I knew who Laurie Halse Anderson was (i.e. before I read SPEAK). In fact, I didn't know she'd written this until I looked it up for the post. (worth two entries)

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) One of my favorite new books from last year. This protag kicks taser butt. (worth one entry)

Pirates! Another great YA Historical. (worth two entries)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Another classic YA must-read. (worth two entries)

Princess Academy Hands down, my favorite Shannon Hale. (worth one entry)

The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Is this one a classic yet? I suppose so. Yay for YA Chick Lit! (worth one entry)

Pants on Fire Probably the best under-read Meg Cabot, and definitely my favorite protag of hers (Mediator being a close second). (worth two entries)

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks A great sisters book for those who like that kind of thing. (worth two entries)

Pool Boy (Readers Circle) Refreshing boy fiction about a rich kid who has to rethink his life after his dad gets arrested. (worth two entries)

Palace of Mirrors Similar premise to A FALSE PRINCESS but with a few different twists. (worth two entries)

Wow! Who knew there were so many "P" titles? To enter, comment on which books you've read.

And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

10 comments:

  1. I've read Paranormalcy and the Princess Academy, which I loved! There are a lot of P books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROM, PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, and PRINCESS DIARIES...I think I'm the only person under the sun who hasnt read PARANORMALCY yet. What's wrong with me?

    Also, POPULAZZI by Elise Allen comes out in August and is a fast, fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Princess Academy and The Princess Diaries. Great choices for P books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy's read Paranormalcy. Erica feels like she should have read ALL of these, but can't claim any!

    We're giving away a YA/MG book on our blog today if you'd like to stop by (sorry, it isn't an audiobook yet!)!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Perks for me today. Everytime I'm at Books-A-Million, I'm tempted to pick up Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks - I've never read a Lauren Myracle and heard I should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any but I'm always interested in finding good ones so I'll have to check these out! Stop by & read P is for Purple

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved PERKS.
    Weirdly enough, I've never read Meg Cabot's YA stuff, just some of her adult/chick lit. I loved the Princess Diaries movie, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Perks and Paranormalacy. Enjoyed both of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these unfortunately. I love Margaret Haddix's writing though!

    Other P books I read not on this list are- Poison Study by Maria Snyder, Plan B by Charnan Simon and The Peculiar Superpowers of Eleanor Armstrong by K.A.Schloegel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read Paranormalcy, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and sadly that's it.

    ReplyDelete