Friday, April 15, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter M)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for  

Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller Annie Sullivan's story of teaching Helen Keller, with flashbacks of Annie's childhood. (worth two entries)

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) A Dystopian lab experiment with teenagers as the rats. (worth one entry)

My Heartbeat A girl caught between her brother and her crush, his best friend. (worth two entries)


Matched (Matched, #1) In a world where your mate is picked for you, falling for the wrong guy is a matter of life and death. (worth one entry)

The Minister's Daughter THE MINISTER'S DAUGHTER-An English set prequel to the Salem witch trials story. (worth two entries)

The Misfits This positive anti-bullying story has inspired an ongoing no-name-calling week in schools. (worth two entries)

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac A girl tries to sort out her life after losing her memory of most of it. (worth one entry)

A Mango-Shaped Space Paranormal with a realistic twist. About a girl who has synesthesia, seeing letters, sounds and numbers as colors. (worth two entries)

To enter, comment on which books you've read. 

And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

14 comments:

  1. Fun fun.I don't know if it counts but Matched is sitting on my tbr pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking like I'm partial to the beginning of the alphabet since I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I do have Matched and Maze Runner sitting in my TBR pile. *shrugs* Does Monsters of Men(book three in Chaos Walking trilogy) count? I read that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection here. I've yet to read Maze Runner. I've read Matched and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only three for me today. I've read Matched, The Misfits, and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnaics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Miss Spitfire. Really liked it. I have her upcoming book on my wish list when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, bu-ut how about Marked? Maximum Ride? Mockingjay? (or does that go with your H-blog?) There's probably more... I really want to read Matched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. why have i not read any of these?? (Maybe its because ive been reading nothign but fantasy lately) they all sound so amazing!
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a single one of these. That's terrible! They all sound great, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison- For Mockingjay, I decided it would be easier to just do the first book in major series (Hunger Games was on "H" day), unless I was desperate for titles on a certain letter.

    As for Maximum Ride, I've been meaning to listen to that one and ordered it from my lbrary today because of you, so I'll give you two entries.

    With Marked, who's the author on that? I couldn't find it on my library site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karla- As I said about Hunger Games, I decided to just count the first book in major series. I haven't read Monsters of Men yet...and I'm not sure I'm even going to go there now that you've warned me about the cliffhanger ending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Matched copy is about to arrive. But I dont know when.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It took me reading your instructions again to realize why you didn't include Mockingjay. :)

    Marked is in the House of Night Series.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read Maze Runner and Matched.

    ReplyDelete