Sunday, April 24, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letters S)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Well, "S" must be my favorite letter since I have 16 books. So, instead of combining "S" and "T", I'll post "T" later tonight (Sunday).

Now, for   

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) Werewolf love never read so right. (worth one entry)

Sovay A female highwayman...I liked this one even more than her pirate one. (worth two entries)

The Seer of Shadows Historical. Ghosts and photography. (worth two entries)

So Yesterday Best under-read Scott Westerfeld. (worth two entries)

Sweethearts Great writing. *spoiler alert* beware of ending. (worth two entries)

Stargirl (Readers Circle) I love this book. There should be so many more free spirits in the world, especially in High School. (worth one entry)

The Sky Is Everywhere Beautifully written. (worth two entries)

Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) YA Dystopian. Boy protag struggling for more than a scavenger's life. (worth two entries)

The Secret Life of Prince Charming My favorite Deb Caletti...I'm so jealous she got a story published that's more about the process of dating than the romance of it.  (worth two entries)

Soul Enchilada If you like strong female protags, you should read this one. About a girl fighting supernaturals for her soul because of a deal she didn't even make. (worth two entries)

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #1) The books are (as usual) better than the movies...read them if you haven't yet. (worth one entry)

Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) My favorite Meg Cabot series. About a girl who does more than ghost whisper, she kicks incorporeal ass...I know, by definition, that should be impossible, but it works. (worth one entry)

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) Cool series about a teen Necromancer coming into her powers. (worth one entry)

Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) Another strong female protag. Another great "S" book. (worth two entries)

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie A boy fiction YA I just couldn't leave out. (worth two entries)

Speak Finally, one of the best YA books of all time. (worth one entry...okay, two entries, just because it's so good)

Phew! That's a lot of books. To enter, comment on which ones you've read. Come back later tonight for the "T" books...there are a lot of those too.


 And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh man! The only one I have actually read is Speak, but a lot of these are on my TBR pile. I must fix this problem...

    I had Sovay out of the library for a while, but never got a chance to read it. I might have to check it out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just The Sky is Everywhere and Sisterhood for me. Have you read Swim the Fly? So, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. I've read a lot of S books. Speak, Sisterhood of the Traveling pants, Shadowland, Stargirl, Sweethearts and So Yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Shiver and Speak, but some of these are on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many S books and only read Shiver and Ship Breaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. S is always the best category for all games! Okay I've read Shiver, Stargirl, The Sky is EVerywhere,Sisterhood of the T Pants, and Speak!

    I tried to read Shipbreaker but I just couldn't get into it. I should give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHIVER, SKY IS EVERYWHERE, SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS, SUMMONING and SPEAK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of S books. I've read Shiver, Sweathearts, Stargirl, The Sky is Everywhere, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Sleeping Freshman Never Lie, and Speak.

    ReplyDelete