Friday, April 8, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter G)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for  



The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) Okay, it's more MG than YA, but readers of any age can get lost in this marvelous world. (worth one entry)
Going Bovine Yet another dying teen book I liked. A total departure from her Gemma Doyle series (see next book), but this quirky contemporary fantasy is well worth reading. (worth two entries)
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) Historical fantasy. I love, love, loved it. (worth one entry)
Gimme a Call What would you tell your 14-yr-old self if you had the chance? (worth two entries)

Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) I lean toward this one being my favorite over FIRE, but they're both fantastic. (worth one entry)

Ghostgirl (Ghostgirl, #1) Love the book covers for this series about a girl who finds out she's a ghost. (worth one entry)

Gingerbread (Cyd Charisse, #1) Love Cyd's edgy YA voice. About a girl coming to terms with her past mistakes and bi-coastal family. (worth two entries)

To enter, comment on which books you've read.
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

16 comments:

  1. Yay! I like this game where I come here to see if I've read any of the books. I've read Going Bovine and Graceling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it pathetic or just plain sad that I haven't read any on this list? and while i can think of a dozen "G" books I've read reacently, they've mostly been adult and decidedly in the mystery/suspense category. so, I only have one suggestion for you...it's an oldie (pubbed in early seventies) GO ASK ALICE. I found it in the bargain bin at B&N last summer, and it's entirely in journal entries (I have a weird obsession with epistolary novels). If you liked PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, I think you'd enjoy it.

    Wow. that was quite a long ramble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla- I've heard of GO ASK ALICE. It's available on audio, and I just ordered it from my library because of you, so I'll count it as an entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read The Golden Compass, A Great and Terrible Beauty and Gingerbread. Loved these books but I think Gingerbread was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of them, but I've heard of them. All great books.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I've read three of these--Golden Compass, Gimme a Call and Going Bovine. I really want to read Graceling as I've heard so much good about it. :)


    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of them either, but I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read The Golden Compass. It was my favorite out of His Dark Materials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. None. Zilch. Zippo. *hangs head in shame*

    Maybe tomorrow - surely you'll have Harry Potter!

    PS - plugged you on my blog today - this contest is so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read COMPASS, and please nobody throw anything at me, but I hated it. [Ducking]

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Golden Compass is the only one of these I've read. Gingerbread looks interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read The Golden Compass, Going Bovine, A Great and Terrible Beauty, and Graceling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Golden Compass is one of my faves! I haven't read any of the others on this list - but I just read a fabulous review of Going Bovine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read The Golden Compass!
    I have Graceling, but haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's nice to see The Golden Compass and Ghostgirl. I have read both of them

    ReplyDelete