Saturday, April 9, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter H)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for  

Honey, Baby, Sweetheart A romantically challenged mother/daughter team scheme to reunite an elderly couple.  Love Deb Caletti's books. (worth two entries)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Here's the one almost everyone should get. And no, watching the movie doesn't count :) (worth one entry)

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Another popular one. Don't wait for the movie on this one, it's still a year away :) (worth one entry)

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) Love this one even more than her spy school series (see tomorrow's post). (worth two entries)
The Host (The Host, #1) I seemed to like this one more than some others did, but I'm a total sci-fi geek and listening to this long, long book (as opposed to reading it) kept it from dragging for me. (worth one entry)

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) One of the first angel books. (worth one entry)

The Heartbreakers Three friends try to follow a set of breakup rules. Love this book. (worth two entries)

How to Be Popular One of the first non-princess Meg Cabot's I read. She's a fellow Indiana University grad, so I reserve the right to put as many of her books on these lists as I wish. (worth two entries)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) Okay, It's not exactly YA, but I have seen it on YA lists before, and it's one of my all-time favorite books, so it's in. (worth two entries).

Wow. Nine today. "H" is certainly a popular book title letter. I figure we might as well enjoy the wealth since there are some sparse letters in our future.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. 
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

17 comments:

  1. What a fun way to play along with the A-Z Blogfest! Let's see, I have read several of these books:

    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone +1
    Hunger Games +1
    Hush, Hush +1
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy +2

    Cool! That's +5 for me today. Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Another one!!!! I've read Harry Potter and I've started Hunger Games. I really want to read The Host.

    A friend of mine is reading Hitchhiker and I want to read that one, too.
    This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never read any of these. I actually haven't even heard of most of them. However, it would be fun to read some. I love to read.


    Gregg Metcalf
    Colossians 1:28-29

    Gospel-driven Disciples

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and the Host! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to present the A-Z Challenge! we're always looking for new books for our book Club. Some of these look very interesting.
    The only one I've actually read is the City of Ember. I read the series.
    I found you with the ‘surprise me’ button. I’m a new follower of yours. I'd love to have you check out my take on the A to Z Challenge, comment and follow, if you'd like.
    http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe the only one I've read is HUNGER GAMES? So many good books out there. Right now I'm reading THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE, which is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. I've read quite a few.
    * HP and the Sorcerers Stone (and all the HP books and movies)
    * The Hunger Games (the whole trilogy although HG was my fave)
    * The Host (def my fave S. Meyer book, and one of my top five books of all time)
    * Hush, Hush
    * Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

    one's I've read that arent on your list..
    *Heres to You, Rachel Robinson by the inimitable Judy Blume (Blubber, Double Fudge, and Are you there God, it's me, Margaret are my faves of hers)
    *Hereafter by Tara Hudson (an ARC I had the priviledge to read. it comes out in June)
    *Horton Hears a Who (yeah, i know...but it's my fave Dr Suess book) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good, this letter is way easier that G was. I'm still embarrased about how many books I'd read on that list. For the H's, I've read Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, The Heist Society, The Host, Hush Hush, How to be Popular, and Hitchhikers Guild to the Galaxy. I'll need to get on your other two. Still 7 out of 9 ain't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an easy month~ I've read HP, Heist Society, Hush Hush, Hunger Games. I swear, this is my daily challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!
    Harry Potter, Hunger Games & Hitchhiker's Guide.
    happy h & i days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea...especially for my tween who reads about a book a day! Haven't read any of these, but have heart about most of them. Will be referring back to your blog when DD is out of ideas and needs me to suggest some new reading material. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So embarrassed that I haven't read Hitchhiker yet. You've inspired me to finally check it out.

    Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! I've read 4 on this list Harry, Hush Hush, Hitchhiker & Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books listed here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read Harry Potter (all of them) and Hunger Games (all of them).

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY for Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. I love those series

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read Harry Potter and Hunger games.

    ReplyDelete