Monday, April 25, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter U)

  The Challenge is over 1000 strong (amazing, huh?). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird, Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.


To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.



Now (finally back on schedule), U  

Uprising Wonderful Historical about three girls involved with a textile factory fire in New York City. (worth two entries)

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) My favorite angel story...so far. (worth two entries)

Uglies (Uglies, #1) Dystopian where every sixteen-year-old goes under the knife to become beautiful. Scott Westerfeld at his best. (worth one entry)

Undercover Loosely based on Cyrano de Bergerac. (worth two entries)

Unwind (Unwind, #1) Dytopian. Far fetched but interesting premise about parents being able to "unwind" or give their teens up for spare parts. (worth one entry)

That's all I could think of for "U". If anyone thinks of one I might have listened to, let me know and I'll give you more entries. 

To enter, comment on which ones you've read.


Be sure to check out the "S" and "T" posts if you haven't already. There are tons of books there.

 And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

7 comments:

  1. Sadly, I have not read any of these books. I did buy a copy of Uglies last week, and hope to read it very soon. But currently, I have a big zero in the U catigory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Uglies and Unwind. Unwind is a freaking awesome book! So excited he's writing a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of them, but Uglies is sitting beside my computers as my next TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Uglies. Started Unwind but didn't finish.

    ReplyDelete