Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A-Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest (Letter D)

  The A-Z Blogging Challenge is over 1000 strong now (that's abso-alphabetically amazing). Hosted by:  Arlee Bird , Alex J Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker and Talli Rolland.
For those who maybe haven't stopped by before, I'm doing a How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature YA audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter.

To enter, comment on which books you've read. Most will count as one entry. Older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

BTW, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.
"A" and "The" don't count in the title, and I'm not using multiple titles in a series or author names unless I'm desperate.

Now, for   D  
The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) Realistic chick-lit. Lives up to all the hype. (worth one entry)

Deadline A teen chooses to die on his own terms (see prior notes on my pet peeves about death in YA), but I still loved this one. (worth one entry)

Dead Beautiful (Dead Beautiful, #1) This one isn't about death in my pet peeve kind of way, but it does have one of the inordinate number of YA protags who attend boarding schools. It has an implausible yet intriguing premises, which made it an enjoyable read for me. (worth one entry)

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks DISREPUTABLE HISTORY OF FRANKIE LANDOU-BANKS- Oh my, another boarding school. No paranormal this time, but a girl who manages to break into an all-boy's secret society. So yes, I liked this one too. (worth one entry)

Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1) No boarding school needed for this farm-girl protag to try out for her high school football team. (worth two entries)

Dragonflight (Pern: Dragonriders of Pern, #1) Finally, an oldy but a goody. Any other Anne McCaffrey fans out there? (worth two entries)

To enter, comment on which books you've read.
 
And feel free to add a comment later in the month if you read/listen to something because I mentioned it here.

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I read Dairy Queen. Wonderful book. I'm still lucking out. One of these days there will be a book I haven't read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0 :(

    But I'll surely check them out :)

    Following you from A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEADLINE (second day in a row where I've only read one on your list...ah well...could be worse. could've been zero) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad is it that I still haven't read any Anne McCaffrey? I have no excuse for it either. I've read The Duff and Dairy Queen. I really enjoyed Dairy Queen, too. (Didn't think I would.)

    BTW, I'm loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love THE DUFF!
    Dairy Queen sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love THE DUFF. I love THE DAIRY QUEEN. I love THE DISREPUTABLE NATURE OF FRANKIE LANDAU-BANKS. I love all the Chris Crutcher books I've read, but sadly DEADLINE isn't one of them. I haven't read your other two books either, I'll have to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these. I want to read The DUFF. They all look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ... I"ve only read the DUFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The DUFF and I loved, loved, loved The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks!

    Must read some Chris Crutcher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! One I've read, although I think it was years ago....Dragonflight!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read The Duff and started The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks but never finished. (It's packed up in a box somewhere and I can't find it...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you through the A-Z challenge, hope to see you around again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not read any books that you listed above.
    :(

    But I'd love to read Duff

    ReplyDelete