Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday



This week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic:
Best Book of November









I had yet another incredible listening month (more on that next week). Lots of great books, but my personal favorite was GRAVE MERCY by, Robin LaFevers.


***************
 
Saved from a potentially brutal marriage by a convent.
 
Taught the skills to serve god.
 
The god of death, that is.
 
****************

As I've said many times before, I love Historical, so it didn't surprise me that I loved this book.

What did surprise me was how much I loved it. Ismae (the protag) is kickass strong and empowered. And she doesn't become a simpering fool just because she starts to have feelings for a man.

It reminded me of The Mist of Avalon series (the King Arthur tale told from the womens' perspective) in that it's about the blending of old religions of Britain with Christianity, but with added themes of justice and atonement.

What about you? Read this one? What was your favorite this month?

4 comments:

  1. Grave Mercy is on my Christmas list and if it doesn't show up under the tree, I'll just go and buy it anyway. I keep hearing great things about this one and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sold! This sounds great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book so much and can't wait for Book 2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete