Friday, November 9, 2012

Are You a Doer or a Talker?



I worked for many years in Early Childhood. As a mother, I will still sometimes ask parents of young children, "Is he/she a talker or a doer?" (aka: a charmer or one who would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission)


While shopping yesterday, I lost my concentration several times while listening to an action-packed story. This is when it dawned on me that when it comes to reading and writing, I'm a talker not a doer. I'd rather read/write dialogue than action scenes.

Like most children, I can do both, but I lean toward talking.


What about you? Are you a doer or a talker? As a writer? In life?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a talker in terms of reading and writing. I have to admit that a lot of action scenes I find myself skimming--but dialogue always holds my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing dialogue, but I sometimes find myself falling into too much internal chatter (when it's written in first person). I have to work to take it out of my MC's head, but when it does come out, I really enjoy writing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a talker, in writing and in life. I love writing fun dialogue scenes!

    ReplyDelete