Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday



This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic:
With Thanksgiving on the horizon we want to know how you balance hectic times like the holidays with your writing schedule.








The honest answer for this one is that I don't...not very well, anyway.

This year, I'm working hard (today, as a matter of fact) to be at a stopping point before the chaos hits.

In the past, I've set my laptop up with a semi-permanent home at the kitchen table, always on, with a stack of Christmas CDs beside it so I can plop down in my spare moments and get some writing done.

The results aren't necessarily sub par in quality, but they definitely lack in quantity.


What about you? Holiday madness or just gladness?

Happy Turkey Day, Everyone!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's not Thanksgiving here in Canada (we celebrate in October), so I don't even have that as an excuse for my recent lack of productivity. I think this time of year in general it gets tougher and tougher to be disciplined what with all of the distractions and festivities. I'm not sure if that bothers me or not. I think I'm okay with just enjoying the holidays and not stressing about getting writing in. :)

    Have a great Thanksgiving, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is such a struggle--if you find a way to balance writing and the holidays, let me know!
    I'm trying to write while I'm on the plane tomorrow, and then hopefully I will make up for no writing while I'm visiting family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a permanent spot set up is a good idea. That way, you see it every time you walk past. I need to get my laptop out of its hiding place and do the same thing, that way i can't ignore my writing!

    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete