Monday, November 12, 2012

Debut Author Challenge #9 and #10


First off, I'm so excited because this year I'm actually going over twelve books for the Debut Author Challenge. Woo! Woo! My library system, sparse at the beginning of the year, came through with four debut audiobooks here toward the end, and I plan to post about all of them.

Next, I'm putting off my How Many Have You Read contest until December. Things have just been so crazy this last month, and I need a little time to catch up. The good news is, I'll combine all my fabulous October and November listens/reads, so I'm sure everyone will have read something to enter the contest with.

For Debut Author Challenge #9 and #10, I have two Merpeople books:
OF POSEIDON, by Anna Banks
LIES BENEATH, by Anne Greenwood Brown.

I got both from Audible.














Of Poseidon, about a girl who can communicate with sea life but has no fins, goes into the mythical history more.

Lies Beneath, with an interesting male protagonist, focuses more on the dark side, merpeople as predators.

Both very different. Both worth reading.

What about you? Read either of these? Like merpeople books? Any other debuts to recommend?

3 comments:

  1. I've never read either of these, but I have heard of them. Actually, come to think of it, I haven't read any books about merfolk. Maybe I should get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these but like Jaime have never read anything like it. Looks really interesting, might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mermaids. Always have, always will (blame the Disney movie at an impressionable age!). These sound great. MONSTROUS BEAUTY, which came out this year, was really excellent and is a mermaid story, too.

    ReplyDelete