Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday- If you're going through hell, keep going.


This week's YA Highway Road Trip topic: Tons of writers are in the midst of NaNoWriMo, trying to stay inspired as we reach the dreaded middle. Share your most inspiring and/or motivational video, book, or quote on writing!








Congrats to those doing NaNo...you are all braver than I.

If my post title quote (from Winstin Churchill) fits where you are right now then let it inspire.

For specific writing inspiration, I'm going to turn to one of my favorite authors, Ray Bradbury.


First, a perfect quote for NaNo:

Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.
Ray Bradbury
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/ray_bradbury.html#12Csp84XHfsk2ZCO.99


Then, what I believe promotes writing productivity most for me:

Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.
Ray Bradbury
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/ray_bradbury.html#12Csp84XHfsk2ZCO.99



Finally, for all of us, during NaNo and year round, the following will always fit:

You fail only if you stop writing.
Ray Bradbury
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/writing.html#FzDkCcXceEFjCWxy.99



What about you? What inspires you most as a writer?

5 comments:

  1. You fail only if you stop writing. I love this one. Some really great quotes in this post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bradbury quotes, especially the last one. As long as I keep on doing what I love, I've achieved some level of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You only fail if you stop writing." Yes! I needed that, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Churchill quote you led with. The biggest thing I learned in college (although I suspect it had more to do with getting older than with college in particular) was that bad things end. Every time. The only way out is through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Ray Bradbury had some really great things to say. I used a quote from him in my NaNo update post yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete