Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday and Contest Winners



This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic:
What non-YA character would you love to see star in a YA book as themselves?


I had a little trouble wrapping my brain around this one so early in the morning, but I think my answer has already been done.
I love Sex And The City , so when I saw this audiobook, I grabbed it up:

It did not disappoint....AND (unlike the show) it's YA appropriate (if anyone is concerned).

  Now, if someone would write Lorelai's YA story...I think I'd enjoy that one too.

What about you? Any adult characters you'd like to see YA-ified?

For my August Listens contest, the winners are: Laura, Elana, Karla and Diana. Thanks, everyone, for participating. I'll be sending out emails to winners later today. 

13 comments:

  1. I have to admit to not having watched Gilmore Girls (I know, I know--I'm terrible)! But from what I've gleaned from other fans and clips of the show I've caught, Lorelai seems like a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorelai -- that's brilliant, because I'm sure she was no weepy, "woe is me" pregnant teen. I bet she was just as fierce. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( Yeah, I haven't seen Gilmore Girls either - except for a few episodes playing in the background while I was studying in college. I'll have to do one of those tv show binge weeks where I do nothing but watch the dvds in order. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah-Gilmore girls is def worth a weekend DVD binge...I love the dialogue esp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer! I saw your comment on my blog. The Insecure Writer's Support Group posts the first Wednesday of every month, so feel free to join us in October. The sign-up and group description is always listed on my blog - look for the tab under my header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic choice in Gilmore Girls. I miss that show so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Frasier as the nerdy high school kid would be funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura- Ooo! And Frasier's brother too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost bought the Carrie Diaries the other day, but opted for Going Bovine instead. But I must read. And I'm almost embarassed to say this, but I have never seen an episode of the Gilmore Girls. I don't watch much TV, but one day I'll catch up to the rest of the world in entertainment. Maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison- Going Bovine is a good choice too...hope you like it. Her Beauty Queens is in my TBListenedTo pile...I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend raved about the Carrie Diaries. Lorelai from Gilmore girls is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wolverine, all the way. I really want to see him as a teenage character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read about Lorelai's teen years. I also liked the Carrie Dairies. It was fun reading about a teen Carrie Bradsaw.

    ReplyDelete