Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday/Debut Author Challenge




Today I'm hitting two posts with one stone:

YA Highway's Road Trip's topic, My Best Read/Listen of August, is also my number four Debut Author Challenge read/listen.




Don't get put off by the predominant nostrils on the cover...GILT is an amazing book.

Okay, I love historical, so I might be a bit biased.

It's the story of, Kitty, the best childhood friend of Catherine Howard, King Henry VIII's fifth wife.

From men in the maiden's chamber to royal court intrigue, betrayal and the bounds of friendship, this book has it all...with some love thrown in there too.

The content may be PG13 in detail, but it does deal with a lot of adult issues like marriage and such that are usually out of the YA realm.


Well done, Katherine Longshore. I look forward to reading more!


What about You? Read this yet? Any other debuts to recommend? What was your favorite August read?

6 comments:

  1. Predominant nostrils, ha!
    I love historical, too--I need to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one yet, but I've seen it a number of times in bookstores and on the blogs. I just went over to Goodreads and added it to my TBR because I love a good historical. :)

    P.S. Love the predominant nostrils comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the sounds of this.... the cover is odd, yes predominant nostrils, but the story sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this, but now think that I must! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh la la, this sounds like it would be right up my alley, nostrils aside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nostrils disclaimer, lol! I enjoy a good historical fiction, but for some reason I never pick them up. Thanks for the rec, I'll be adding this to the TBR.

    ReplyDelete