Monday, August 27, 2012

Non-Fiction- History of Mysteries




Audio college courses? It is possible with The Modern Scholar series.

I'm in the middle of this one right now...good research for my mystery writing...but I've also listened to a few others like Evolutionary Psychology and The Dead Sea Scrolls.

They're done lecture style, so they have a different feel than non-fiction written book style. More casual, maybe. More segmented. Less narrative in feel.

But they're still worth looking into for writing research or just for fun.


HERE is a Goodreads search, if you want to check out the possibilities, or just do a keyword search at your library site.

What about you? Read/heard any good non-fiction lately? 

2 comments:

  1. I think we have very different definitions of fun. ;) BUT I will read or listen to anything for research purposes! I had no idea about this. Thanks for this, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I'm reading an academic book for research right now, and while the topic is fascinating (Roanoke and early colonies) the writing--not so much.

    ReplyDelete