Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday- Location, Location, Location



 
This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic:
Which book character would you like most as a next door neighbour?
 

 Fifth Avenue, Soho, Upper East Side...Sure, like most Americans, I'd heard of these places, but even as a Sex in the City fan, I never understood much about Manhattan geography until I moved to the NYC metro area.

As a Jersey Girl for five years now, I've had a chance to walk the streets, shop the town, navigate the subway (totally intimidating until after your first time) and play tour guide to a lot of our visiting family. This last part means I've been to the Statue of Liberty approximately 7.5 times more often that the average metro area resident (many of whom have never been there).


Cupcake (Cyd Charisse, #3)   I've also had a chance to decide where I'd want to live in Manhattan. And that would be in the Village, next door to Cyd Charisse. While I might not be young enough (or old enough, oddly enough) for her to hang out with, the inner bohemian in me finds that world...her book world and its real counterpart...very appealing.

What about you? Which fictional character would you like to share fences with?

11 comments:

  1. I picked the Weasleys because A. fun and B. they're so nice. I know for a fact I wouldn't want to live next door to any character from a dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got finished reading 'The Liar Society'. It would've been fun to have a Seth-like neighbor growing up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great choice. I love those books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so move to the Village! I went with Julie and Julia (Child) because I like food (understatement).

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMmmmm - I love NY - but I don't think I could live there - I talk to homeless people and hire gang boys to watch my car for an hour while I go tourist - It's always worked out, but my hubby tends to be a nervous wreck with me in the city - his poor heart would explode if I was there every day - grin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! I picked the Weasleys. And a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'd survive any part of NY. I'm a stress case already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah... the City definitely isn't for me, but I LOVE to visit it! Is the Village the neighborhood where the characters in FRIENDS lived?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, great choice! NY would definitely be the place to be if books were real. Gossip Girl, Carrie Bradshaw, Devil Wears Prada... yep, can definitely see myself there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally have to read that book now! I loved living in New York the year I was there--and no, I never went to the Statue of Liberty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up in NYC and would love to go back there.

    That's a cute cover of CUPCAKE. My paperback has different artwork.

    ReplyDelete