Friday, December 3, 2010

My November "Reads"

As I mentioned last month, I tend to go through 2-4 audiobooks a week, and keeping a log of them for the last few months has confirmed that.

This month I had a total of 16 (9 YA and 7 adult books)

Here are my YA:

The Absolutely True Diary of a...Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Bein...A Countess Below StairsA Company of SwansEighth Grade BitesDeadlineMiss Spitfire: Reaching Helen...The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)Willow


My favorite non-fiction research books this month were:


  The Evolution of God A well-balanced and researched book on the roots of religion in general and (more specifically) the Abraham-God religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. This one kept me company while shopping on Black Friday (from 4 am to 1 pm).

  The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World  A scenic, multicultural tour exploring the findings of positive psychology in action. It seeks the answer to that not-so-age-old question, what makes individuals and groups of people happy.



What about you? Read any of these YA or interesting non-fiction? Any writers doing research (interesting or uninteresting)?

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, "reading" all these! I think I read one YA book last month, but I tend not to want to read while I'm in the middle of a WIP, because I tend to absorb the other writer's rhythms and sentence structure. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol- I have heard the advice not to read (at least not in your genre) while you're writing.

    I keep right on listening, though I do tend to avoid books that might be too similar in tone to my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything in the past month; that's what I'm doing this month-read read read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    I found your blog from Comment Exchange Program hosted by YA Addict.

    I read err heard none of those book above. I wish I have one copy of them.
    The only audio book that I have is The Help
    Have you read it?

    This week I choose one classic book from Eleanor Atkinson and The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett.

    For the last book, I wish I had the English version. The translation makes me dizzy.

    ReplyDelete