Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holiday Hangover/Best of 2012

First off, I don't have an alcohol-induced holiday hangover...The holiday rush is quickly being replaced by an equally long if different to-do list, but I'm still feeling the pangs of that lost holiday feeling.

And, speaking of the holiday rush, I had every intention of being around in the Blogosphere the last few weeks...such fun end-of-year topics and debut author books to write about...I even have two draft posts that never made it to the publish button. So, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.

And now, a little late, I'm going to share my YA favorite listens of 2012:

Best Second Books in a Series: Pandemonium- Lauren Oliver
                                                 The Red Glove- Holly Black

Best Historicals: Grave Mercy- Robin Lafevers
                          Gilt- Katherine Longshore
                          Wrapped- Jennifer Bradbury

Best Unique Premises: Starters- Lissa Price
                                       What's Left of Me- Kat Zhang
                                        Forgotten- Cat Patrick

Best New Series: Under The Never Sky- Veronica Rossi
                            Cinder- Marissa Meyer
                            The Selection- Kiera Cass


                   
Best Unexpected Favorite: Au Revoir Crazy European Chick- Joe Schreiber

Best Contemporaries: Grafitti Moon- Cath Crowley
                                       The Fault in Our Stars- John Green


Best Ongoing or Ends of Series: The Gray Wolf Throne- Cinda Williams Chima
                                                        Mastiff- Tamora Pierce
                                                        Goliath- Scott Westerfeld

Best Unique POV: Blink and Caution- Tim Wynne Jones

Best Settings: Scorpio Races- Maggie Steifvater
                      Dreamland Social Club- Tara Altebrando













Best of Show: Every Day- David Levithan




What about you? Read any of these? What were your 2012 favorites?

And stay tuned for an End-of-the-ARCs New Year Blow Out contest next week!

3 comments:

  1. You have a bunch on your list that I've read (and enjoyed) and just as many that I haven't. That's great because I can add them to my TBR list! :)

    Everything in your best new series category falls into my 2012 favourites list, as does UNDER THE NEVER SKY and GRAVE MERCY. 2012 was a fantastic year for reading, and I suspect 2013 will be just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great picks here! I loved GRAFFITI MOON and STARS and PANDEMONIUM. and I've heard such great things about WHATS LEFT OF ME. I must check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just gave me a lot of ideas on how to spend the B&N gift card I received in my stocking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete