Monday, October 22, 2012

Debut Author Challenge #8- What's Left Of Me




WHAT'S LEFT OF ME, by Kat Zhang, courtesy of Audible.








Two souls in one body. Not unusual to be born this way, but Eva and Addie should have settled by age seven...letting the dominant soul take over, letting the other one die.

Only Eva has stayed, silent but there. How long can they keep her a secret?

Being a fan of The Host, by Stephanie Meyer, I love the two perspectives in one body. The sister relationship in this one, rather than two adversaries in The Host, added emotional depth to the story for me.

Definitely worth checking out. 




What about you? Read this one? The Host? Any other debuts to recommend?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I read THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer and enjoyed it, so a similar dynamic sounds appealing to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, this one's on hold at my library. I'll read it eventually! I recently read Defiance - well written and good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this one--it sounds really cool. I love any book about sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even heard of this one. Thanks for the recommendation. Right now I'm reading Everyday by David Levithan, about a 16 year old that inhabits a new body everyday. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete