Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For the Love of- A V-Day Post

YA Highway is having a Valentines Blog Lovefest today, Road Trip style only not on Wednesday. It can be a declaration of love to anyone/thing.


For the love of gerunds and active verbs.
For the love of idioms and twisting them about.
For the love of strong female protags who don't always play by the rules.
For the love of creating love interests who deserve the protag's attention.
For the love of cutting and slashing, saying more with less.
For the love of all the worlds and stories that live inside my head.
For the love of YA Bloggers and fans who I share this love with.
For the love of the words that make it all possible.

This is why I write.

14 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 <3 Love this Valentine. Yay for all of those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of words. Language. What a wonderful gift! Amen to this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I might print this out and keep it on my bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would add: For the love of creating perfect characters, and then making them flawed--and realizing you love them even more that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would be sad people without all of these things. Great Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I love this one, especially: "For the love of cutting and slashing, saying more with less." It feels so delightful when you can cut a few words and make a sentence stronger. Instant gratification :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I love this! What wonderful reasons to write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...loved this! Hope you had a super Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all the reasons that I love writing too. It's such a fantastic ... activity? Hobby? Obsession? Yes, obsession is more accurate. ^_^

    ReplyDelete