Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Debut Author Challenge #5/YA Highway Bookmobile

YA Highway is having their September Bookmobile discussion and live chat with the author tonight. Here is the original post about it. 











 
I mention all this because their book club choice for this month, CINDER, also happens to be my fifth Debut Author Challenge book.
 
 

A sci-fi Cinderella...what's not to love?

Okay, I adore sci-fi, so maybe I should say, what's not for me to love.

Overall, I do find that some retellings are too predictable, while others veer so far into left field you can barely identify the original story in it. The thing I loved about this version is that all the crucial elements were there but with their own twists and backstories. It was predictable in unpredictable ways.

Definitely deserving of all the hype.

What about you? Read this? Any other debuts to recommend? Are you joining the discussion/author chat on YA Highway?

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read this, but I have to say that I love the cover. I'm not a girl-in-a-pretty-dress cover person, but apparently I am a bright-red-fabulous-shoe person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Cinder, and I didn't really expect to (which always makes it better!).

    ReplyDelete